Wednesday, March 5, 2025

 tRump March 3 2025

Facebook blog 3 March 2025

 

I write this today with a little sadness, I vowed months ago to not allow political nonsense to get me down and definitely not add to the growing daily BS coming from the world news and the internet. However, I don’t think I am the only one who is greatly concerned at the shear foolishness happening with our so-called political leaders of the so called democratic western free world. Yesterday’s debacle televised throughout the world showing President tRump and his trusted side kick Vance as they pounced on President Zelinski like a pair of bullying school kids, what was for want of a better word disgraceful.

My wife and I are finalizing a winter get away here in the USA, we arrived to feel the warming and very inviting sun in Tucson in November of 2024. Never in my wildest dreams did I ever think that tRump would be voted in for a second term after the complete lawlessness of his first term and the ensuing massacre. Surely American good sense, not to mention the many laws he had already broken would send him to prison where he rightly belonged. I explained to my wife that we shouldn’t get involved as this was an American, very tense issue, adding that, “you know hon they carry guns down here!”

Some might say, “Hey it’s none of your business chum get back to Canada (or even Britain hearing my obvious accent).”

“Well guess what ‘chum’ up to a point it is my business! Let me elaborate, ‘chum’; I consider myself a ‘person of the world’ even though my passports say I am Canadian or British I don’t feel the need to constantly wave a flag or ramble on about ‘God save the Queen / King / America (place whatever country you want here maybe excepting Russia right now).

“Hey, Mister Firth, that’s darn right disrespectful what about all those people who died in the wars to save your sorry ass?”

“Not at all ‘chum’ I will always have the ultimate respect for the many who fought and died in the wars to rid the world of dictators who murdered millions in the death camps. ‘BUT’, there were a few wars out there that will forever be tabulated in history caused by the supposedly, ‘good guys’. Dare I mention ‘weapons of mass destruction’ and sadly even Britain got shamefully yanked into that one. Vietnam dragged on longer than it should have and caused massive loss of young lives for the sake of a lying president. Having been to Vietnam recently and seen for my very own eyes the atrocities that are still re-occurring from agent orange and unexploded bombs still decimating innocent farmers. So happy we didn’t get dragged into that one, even though we very quietly accepted hospitalized American military and took them to safety. I have a medal somewhere for that.

And before you go harping on about, ‘it’s OK for you to sit on the side lines complaining’. I did serve eight LONG years in her majesties Royal Navy. Two horrible spells in the middle East. And I am very proud and eternally grateful to have not harmed a single soul. Well except for ‘Buster Brown, he pissed me off, so I put itching powder in his bunk which sent him to sick bay for an unaccountable mysterious rash.’  I do not need to boast or have slogans on my car / bus that I was special service or whatever. OK so I did admit in the U.S. a couple of times that I ‘served’ because it got me a few free beers. I will also admit that I was not a very good soldier/sailor mainly because I think life is very important. If someone was going to harm or kill my loved ones or even innocents, I know I would not have any alternative. But to kill because some fat cat needs to sell more arms to fill his coffers with gold/oil, no I don’t think so.

Having said all that, I will also admit that we have our idiots in Canada too; the riots trying to close our capital, Ottawa during the covid mask disputes had many of our numb sculls waving their Canadian flags attempting to hold up the country. Thankfully their leaders are now behind bars where they belong. You see we have these fuckin’ flag wavers everywhere, I’m literally drowning in them as I write this. Just like religion it attempts to differentiate us from one another. I have written about this in various books; we need to be reminded that we are coming very close to WW3. I for one do not wish my stories to become facts. It is very true that WW4 will be fought with sticks and stones. We have enough armaments stored to decimate this world we live in twice over. On our almost daily drive into West Tucson to go food shopping you can drive for a good twenty minutes or so to see on both sides of the road thousands of military planes as far as the eye can see; acres and acres of diverted tax dollars that could have gone to much better use. Meanwhile in various parts of this world at this very moment many people are dying from starvation and medical issues that are preventable with today’s technology. I expect that with the present administration the last sentence will eventually include many people in the U.S.

OK here’s an idea, lets put all these flags away in our attics, you know just to reminds us from time to time. U.S. you need to rid yourself of this nut case before he starts World War 3. Surely there can’t be a single ‘thinking’ person remaining that believes he is doing anything good for the country excepting making himself and the other dictators rich. No, he doesn’t have an amazing deal up his sleave that will miraculously appear like pure magic to make everyone rich and happy.

Let’s all slowly walk across the playground, shake hands and promise to play fair.

To all the lovely Americans we have met and befriended whom are mostly like minded we feel your sorrow and disdain. The above is not directed at you. As of today, it is looking like Canada is reluctantly fighting back with tariffs which they openly admit will only costs the working people on both sides of the border. We understand this serves no purpose only causing grief to the ones that can ill afford it. The longer this goes on the poorer we all become. The Czars of this world are the only ones getting richer and more powerful by the day. You have a long and serious fight on your hands while we as Canadians find new customers for our minerals and products. Once that occurs, I am sure that it would be difficult if not unwise to trust any politics south of our border excepting Mexico.

My wife and I will be reluctantly joining the many past snowbirds who will be standing behind Canada to not travel or buy U.S. products. My Motor home will be sold this year probably at a huge loss, thank you Mr. tRump. My wife and I would still love for you, our new friends to visit us in Canada, our door will always be open to you and our memories of good times will last through this.

Kevin and Joan Firth

No comments:

Post a Comment